Saturday, May 8, 2010

Haunted Car Wash

I drove my car through one of those automatic car washes the other day. I actually drove it to the car wash, and the car wash dragged my car through by the front wheel. So, as I sat there in a reverie watching the soap spray on the window, I came up with a really cool idea.

When my kids were young, I tried to get them interested in going through a car wash. They were not at all excited by it. My latest idea would be to make a car wash into a form of entertainment. Wouldn't it be cool if the car wash were also like an amusement park ride?

You could have little skeleton heads with red LED eyes pop out, or have skeletons drop down afer the rotating brushes get done scrubbing. The rinse water could be sprayed out in a sheet, and have an image projected on it, just like at Disneyland. A scary soundtrack could be broadcast on a low-power FM transmitter. Synchronizing the soundtrack with the actions woul be hard if more cars than one were going through it at a time, but spacing the cars out could take care of that.

Anyway, it is an idea that is bound to be implemented somewhere, if it hasn't been already. I have never heard of one, so here it is. Of course, I thought I was the first one to think of programming GPS systems with the locations of stop signs. So if this is original, and you use it, and if it makes you some money, could you keep me in mind? I'm not rich yet, and could use the help.

No comments:

Post a Comment