Monday, April 26, 2010

Grease Rag Chaps

Whenever I work on cars, I always wear my dirtiest pair of old jeans. This is because I like to wipe my hands on my pants. Working on cars can be quite messy. Professional mechanics carry grease rags in their pockets, but you have to pull them out to use them, then put them back when you are done.

This is a simple invention. Basically, is is a grase rag that has belt loops at one end and an elastic strap at the other. I would be worn by threading your belt through the top straps, and fastening the bottom straps around your thigh, securing them with Velcro(r). They would offer a convenient place to wipe your hands, and could be designed with pockets, or with slits to allow access to pockets.

The basic idea is, of course, conceptual. But, with proper engineering, a marketable product could be created, after determining optimal width and length, and strap details. I could come up with several improvements, and if anyone wants to use this idea, I will be happy to share my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment