Monday, April 26, 2010

Bluetooth Hearing Aids

I was walking around the grocery store the other day, and I saw a grey-haired old man with a Bluetooth headset in hei ear. This guy seemed like he was in his 80's, and I immediately came up with this really cool idea.

Hearing aid manufacturers spend a great deal of effort and technological expertise making hearing aids that are so tiny asto be almost unnoticeable. They hide behind an ear, or inside an ear, and sometimes you can't tell someone is wearing one until you get right up close. What with the advent of Bluetooth headsets, it seems that there is an easy out for hearing aids that don't have to hide.

My idea is to manufacture inexpensive hearing aids designed to look like Bluetooth headsets. They could use larger batteries, and the only real diffence would be which way the microphone is pointing. You could go a step further and make Bluetooth headsets with built-in hearing aids, which automatically switch to regular hands-free phone mode whenever you get a call coming in. These would be for the more technologically adept seniors, of course. The Bluetooth disguised hearing aid could be targetted at the non-technical seniors who just want to hear, but don't want people to shout at them.

Anyway, there it is. It may not be original, because I recall reading a funny e-mail the other day that said something similar, but I wanted to get it down, just in case. Stay tuned for my next brilliant idea, which is coming, but I don't know when it will arrive. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment