Monday, April 26, 2010

Jamba Juice Blender Emptier

The fruit smoothie is one of my favorite treats. I had one just the other day, in fact. I like the one that tastes like a CreamSicle(r). One of the things I have noticed at most smoothie places, possibly the main drawback of working there, is getting the smoothie into a cup. Fruit smoothies are pretty viscous, a word which means thick. They don't pour easily, and a lot of it gets left inside the pitcher, which is a terrible waste.

If you ever go to a Jamba Juice or another smoothie place, you will see the poor smoothie workers pounding on the side of the blender pitcher to get the stuff to pour out. My answer to this problem is rather elementary, basically a blender shaker. You put the pitcher upside-down in a shaker, over the cup. It shakes the heck out of the blender pitcher, causing the smoothie to fall out, and saving the hands and wrists of the workers from early carpal tunnel or some other repetitive motion disorder.

The concept is an electric motor with an offset weight on the shaft, which is mounted on shock-absorbers. It has a tilted V-shaped holder with a lip that holds the top of the pitcher in an upside-down position. The lip does not extend across the pouring edge of the pitcheer, and a small latch holds the bottom of the pitcher in place. The main drawback would be noise, but it couldn't get much worse, what with all the noisy blenders.

That's just one of my many bright ideas. Read my previous entries for more, and check back later. Feel free to capitalize on any of my ideas, just remember me when you get paid. Ten percent is all I ask, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment